Love your skin
People often think that having beautiful healthy skin has to cost lots of money. Often it’s more simple than that. Skin doesn’t just benefit from what you apply to it; it’s really about how you treat your body as a whole and there are many ways to improve skin health without spending any money at all:
Points to consider for Optimum skin health include:
• Drink lots of water, boring but true - your skin is your body's largest organ and water flushes toxins out of your system.
• Have a shower soon after exercising to get rid of the sweat leaving you fresh and avoiding leaving the sweat to sit on your skin and cause break outs.
• Eat clean - Junk food, fried food, sugar and soft drink are not the way to beautiful glowing skin
• Wear sunscreen and re apply regularly - I keep some in my car console so it's always on hand.
• Wear a hat
• Drinking lots of green tea is also said to be fabulous for your skin.
• Take a collagen supplement
• Look into purchasing a silk pillow slip - definitely on my Mothers Day Wish list - Available from @Slip pure silk Pillowcase
Ever woken up with a 'sleep-crease' on your face? While the creases usually go away later the same day, they are an indication of the damage done to your face when sleeping on a cotton pillowcase.
Sleep creases aren't just temporary. Over time they become ironed wrinkles. Sleeping on a silk pillowcase will prevent this "sleep crease".
Ok now we get to the nitty gritty with tips to Clearer Skin from Dr. Natasha Cook - Dermatologist
(These will be much more specific and possibly offer more expensive options)
Skincare can be one of the most confusing things in life!
1. Cleanse - Always wash your face before bed. Use lukewarm water when washing your face - Hot water dries out your skin, while cold water won't open up pores.
Be gentle! Never use foaming/harsh cleansers on your face or body and Don't forget your neck!
2. Clarify - The idea with my NCD Concentrated Clarifier is to remove the layer of dead skin cells and dirt that are blocking your pores and your skins natural glow without the use of harsh exfoliation. - Products that contain AHA's and BHA's (alpha and beta hydroxy acids) have been proven to gently exfoliate and make you look radiant. That's the NCD Clarifier!
3. Moisturise - Be sure and choose a moisturiser that suits your skin type. Most people tend to think that they have sensitive skin. The best way to workout your skin type is to check how your T-zone (forehead, nose, chin) feels at the end of the day. Look to see if your T-zone is oily, dry or even just plain old 'normal'.
Normally, people with dry skin tend to be the more allergic skin types. People with allergic skin and normal types should be using a gentle moisturiser that is free from harsh chemicals. NCD Concentrated Moisturiser is perfect! You don't want to harm the fragile natural barriers of the skin by using harsh products.
If you have a drier skin or want a night or eye cream, try the NCD Concentrated Hydration+ Moisturiser which is great to use even during the winter when everyones skin needs a little extra hydration.
4. Micropeel - Clinical strength 28% alpha and beta hydroxy acid weekly peel for at home use. My NCD Concentrated Micropeel is designed specifically by me to give you the closest effect of an in clinic chemical peel but without the intensity. It gently uncovers a brighter, more youthful skin. Peels remove the outermost layer of dead skin cells, giving your face and neck a smoother, more radiant appearance. It also minimises pores. Perfect for those busy people who want amazing results in a matter of minutes.
For a more intense peel, why not book for an in clinic chemical peel which comes in several strengths, depending upon the intensity that is required for the skin correction that you suits your needs.
5. Use Sunscreen - There are two (2) types of harmful/damaging sun rays - UVA which are the causes of premature ageing and UVB - which are responsible for the burning of the skin. When selecting a sunscreen choose the highest SPF protection you can get. The SPF is the only indicator of the amount of UVB protection in the product. If your sunscreen protects against UVA (ageing) it will be clearly visible on the bottle. The sunscreen produced by the Cancer Council offers great coverage and protection.
So, if you are feeling like your normal skin routine isn't quite cutting it at the moment and want to get some expert advice... can I suggest you visit the ladies at Luminosity Laser and Skin care clinic to see what your options are.
You only get one face so please look after it.